Sophia was a small agricultural community located approximately three miles south of Gum Springs and one and a half miles south of Dewey. A post office existed between 1881 and 1888. Sophia was located in the vicinity of Spring Place Road and Mansfield Road.
Source: Recollections of Bartow County resident Victor Mullinix; United States and Worldwide Postal History by Jim Forte.[maxbutton id=”10″]