Zion Hill Baptist Church was established on March 17, 1883 with seven members present. On May 25, 1888, the trustees of the church purchased two acres of land for the church for a total of $5.00. They later expanded, purchasing land for an attached cemetery in November 1910 and an additional acre in January 1953. Though they have remained in the same location, no information is available about their structural changes through the years. The present structure was finished in June 1962. Two additional annexes have been built since then, one completed in 1976, and the other in 1982. The church currently hosts Sunday School at 10 am and worship service at 11 am every Sunday. Zion Hill Baptist Church is located at 1105 Mission Road, Cartersville, GA 30120, which is on the Bartow Baptist Churches map: https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2. More information can be found online at www.facebook.com/pages/Zion-Hill-Baptist-Church/111652868871037.
Padgett, Jr., George G. “Zion Hill Baptist Church.” Bartow County Georgia Heritage Book. Vol. 1. Cartersville: Bartow County Genealogical Society, 1995. 50.
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.