Very little information is known about St. Paul Baptist Church. According to Bartow County deed records, the old Baptist church and lot were purchased by the deacons of St. Paul Baptist Church from the deacons of Kingston Baptist Church on July 10, 1905. This purchase was made for $425.00. By the description of the property in this deed record, it is possible that this property was adjoined to the Kingston Baptist Church property. On September 12, 1935, there is a second deed record between the trustees of St. Paul Baptist Church and the J. W. Starr & Sons Lumber Company. This portion of the land was purchased of $50.00. The only other information that can be learned from these records is that St. Paul Baptist Church was a colored Baptist church. If you have any more information about St. Paul Baptist Church, please contact the Etowah Valley Historical Society at https://evhsonline.org/contact.
Deed of Sale from A. Y. Sheats et al, Deacons, etc. to Peter Ross et al, Deacons, etc., 10 July 1905 (filed 30 August 1905), Bartow County, Georgia, Deed Book MM, page 17. County Recorder’s Office, Cartersville, Georgia.
Deed of Sale from J. W. Starr & Sons Lbr. Co., Inc. to St. Paul Baptist Church, Through Trustees, 12 September 1935 (filed 19 August 1939), Bartow County, Georgia, Deed Book 76, page 6. County Recorder’s Office, Cartersville, Georgia.
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.