Snow Springs Baptist Church was organized on August 15, 1886 at the Davis School House in Bartow County, Georgia. It was agreed at this meeting that the church would go into the Oostanaula Association, and the church was named after a Mr. Snow who lived east of the spring and southwest of the church. On July 4, 1888, two acres of land were deeded to “Snow Springs Church of Missionary Baptist.” The first structure on this land was built up the hill from where the Davis School stood. Around forty years later, in 1927, the congregation voted to build a larger church building. They voted three separate times on where to build the church, finally deciding to tear down the old building and rebuild in the same location. This building has since been through renovations. Additionally, one acre of land was deeded to the church for $1.00 to build a pastorium in 1969, with the stipulation that if the house was not built, the land would revert back to the owner. Snow Springs Baptist Church is located at 221 Old Hwy 140, Adairsville, GA 30103, viewable on this map of Bartow County Baptist churches: https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2. There is no known cemetery associated with this church. More information about the church is available online at https://www.facebook.com/SnowSpringsBaptistChurch/.
Deed of Sale from Carl Smith to Snow Springs Baptist Church, 1969 (filed 16 September 1969), Bartow County, Georgia, Deed Book 117, page 597. County Recorder’s Office, Cartersville, Georgia.
Touchstone, Evelyn. “Snow Springs Baptist Church.” Bartow County Georgia Heritage Book. Vol. 1. Cartersville: Bartow County Genealogical Society, 1995. 48.
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.”