Mount Pisgah Baptist Church was formally established in 1913. Prior to this, people in the small area of Caves, GA were having revival meetings and regular worship services in a brush harbor, since the nearest Baptist churches were several miles away in Kingston and Cassville. It was in 1913 when they got together to build a meeting house, just east of where the current church building stands. However, this building was destroyed by a tornado on March 21, 1932. They quickly rebuilt and though there have been several additions and remodels since 1932, the church still meets in this same building today. Mount Pisgah Baptist Church was a member of the Middle Cherokee Baptist Church for an extended period in the 20th century but is no longer associated with them today. This church also housed a school until the county schools were consolidated in the 1920s. The church cemetery is located on church property. Mount Pisgah Baptist Church is located at 465 Hwy 293, Cartersville, GA 30120, which can be viewed on the Bartow Baptist Churches map at https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2.
Baker, David J. “Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church.” Bartow County Georgia Heritage Book. Vol. 1. Cartersville: Bartow County Genealogical Society, 1995. 41.
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.