Mount Carmel Methodist Episcopal Church
825 Hall Station Rd, Adairsville, GA 30103
HRCGA HAS DIFFERENT INFO THAN HERITAGE BOOK VOL II
HRCGA—Mount Carmel Methodist was organized in 1847. The church was a log house, had a designated section for slave worshippers, and the cemetery holds some of the church’s founding members. A new structure for the church was built in 1903.
HERITAGE BOOK- The first services were held in homes in Bartow County on Pearson Mountain in 1828. The church was officially organized in 1834. The congregation met in many different locations until they built their own structure around 1862.
Source: Bartow County Heritage Book Vol. II