The exact date that Greater Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church was established is unknown. According to Bartow County deed records, the church land was purchased from G. H. Gilreath for $250.00 on October 16, 1905. In this deed, it states that there was already a building on the lot being used by the congregation. A second land purchase was made on September 19, 1942. In both deeds, it mentions that Greater Mount Olive is a colored church; additionally, the church is referred to as Mount Olive Baptist Church. It is unknown when the church changed its name to Greater Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church. The church is located at 65 Mt. Olive Street, Cartersville, GA 30120, which is located on this map of Bartow County Baptist churches: https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2. There is no known cemetery associated with this church. More information about Greater Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church is available at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greater-Mount-Olive-Baptist-Church/115810031780394.
Deed of Sale from G. H. Gilreath to the deacons of Mt. Olive Baptist Church (colored) of Cartersville, 16 October 1905, Bartow County, Georgia, Deed Book NN, page 54. County Recorder’s Office, Cartersville, Georgia.
Deed of Sale from Mrs. S. V. Stephens to the Trustees of Mount Olive Baptist Church, 19 September 1942, Bartow County, Georgia, Deed Book 79, page 561. County Recorder’s Office, Cartersville, Georgia.