Floyd Creek Baptist Church was established in the early 1850s. The exact date is unknown due to a loss of the early records. Prior to the 1880s, the church met in various locations, including the Snatch Pone one room schoolhouse and in the homes of members. On January 31, 1880, the church was deeded two and a half acres for one dollar to be used to build a church house and start a cemetery. The first building, however was destroyed by fire in less than a decade. A new building was constructed on the same site and has been extensively renovated throughout the years. There have also been several land additions to the property, increasing the size of the cemetery.
Over the years, Floyd Creek Baptist Church has been a part of multiple organizations, including the New Hope Association, Pleasant Valley Association, Bartow Baptist Association, and the Southern Baptist Convention. Their schedule of services has also varied, going from service on one Sunday or Saturday a month in the 1950s to now have regular service every Sunday. Floyd Creek Baptist Church is located at 2171 Hills Creek Road, Taylorsville, GA 30178, which can be found on the Bartow County Baptist Churches Map at https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2.
“Floyd Creek Baptist Church.” The Heritage of Euharlee, Stilesboro, and Taylorsville, Georgia. Acworth: Euharlee Historical Committee, 2010. 70-71.
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.