Cedar Creek Baptist Church was established in 1842. The church was originally housed in a little white building on stone pillars that stood at the church’s current location. However, this building was destroyed by fire in 1942. The church used the nearby Folsom Schoolhouse until a new church building was constructed. The exact completion date of the church is unknown, but it was completed by at least 1959 because that is when the church decided to make additions to the church, including a fellowship hall and annex. There is no known cemetery association with the church. It is also a member of the Bartow Baptist Association. Cedar Creek Baptist Church is located at 54 Folsom Road NW, Adairsville, GA 30103, which is viewable on this map of Bartow Baptist Churches: https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2. More information about the church is available on their website at http://www.cedarcreekbaptistchurch.org/.
Riddick, Dama Maria. “Firm Foundation: Supportive Members Rebuild.” (Cartersville). Available at the Bartow History Museum Archives.
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.