McGinnis served as a railroad depot following completion of the Cartersville and Van Wert Railroad in 1870. Between 1884 and 1895, McGinnis also served as a post office. Named after Van Buren McGinnis, 1830-1903, a large landowner and merchant in the area between Stilesboro and Taylorsville. It was on his land that this section of the railroad passed. McGinnis was located in the vicinity of Dry Creek Road and GA Highway 113 west.
Source: United States and Worldwide Postal History by Jim Forte; The History of Euharlee by The Euharlee History Committee.[maxbutton id=”10″]