Oak Grove Baptist Church was established in late 1800’s. Some sources claim that it was established in 1862, while others claim 1871, so the exact date is uncertain. Records of the establishment were destroyed by fire in March of 1884. Present records pick up at 1948. The original church building was sold in July 1955, and a new church was built in 1956. There have been several expansions and remodels since, starting in 1959 and continuing through 1994. In this time, the church gained additional Sunday school rooms, fellowship hall, pastor’s study, and a steeple. There is no known cemetery associated with the church. Today, they are also a member of the Bartow Baptist Association. Oak Grove Baptist Church is located at 312 Burnt Hickory Road, Cartersville, GA 30121, which can be located on the Bartow Baptist Churches map: https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2. More information about the church is available at www.facebook.com/pages/Oak-Grove-Baptist-Church/104958549547707.
Hale, Martha J. “Oak Grove Baptist Church.” Bartow County Georgia Heritage Book. Vol. 1. Cartersville: Bartow County Genealogical Society, 1995. 43.
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.