Around 1890, James Osgood Ligon proposed that a new school be built off the Chuilo Road (today’s Euharlee Rd) for his community and donated land for it. He even contributed to the construction and as a result of his generosity, the school was named for him. The size of the school expanded through the years to meet the growing population. As a result of school consolidation throughout Bartow County, the Ligon School closed in 1938. Information is incomplete.