Representatives of Brown’s Chapel appeared before the Bartow County Board of Education on December 5, 1916, to advise their school house had again been destroyed by fire and asked the Board to arrange for a new school in exchange for a deed to the land. The Board informed the representatives that they never built school houses outright, but if they could obtain temporary quarters, a teacher would be provided. No information has been found as to when this African American school was built. Further research will determine the exact location. Source: Bartow County Board of Education, Minutes of 12/05/1916.