The Reynolds School was built in early 1922 on land donated by Marvin D. Reynolds.  Just a few months earlier on August 5, 1921, Mr. John Lewis of the Reynolds Bend Community had addressed the Board on the need for a one teacher school in his community. As a result, a study was undertaken to substantiate that need. At the December 6, 1921 meeting of the Board, Mr. Reynolds presented a proposal in which he agreed to furnish all of the rough material and had the commitment of the community’s residents to do the work.  Two other residents stepped up to donate small amounts of cash if needed. The Board approved this generous request.  This frame structure was typical of the time measuring 24 by 30 feet.  It was built by Harry Arnold and encompassed grades 1 through 7. The school closed in 1938 and was later dismantled by the original builder for the lumber.




Source: “The History of Euharlee” by The Euharlee History Committee, page 437; Bartow County Board of Education, Minutes of 08/05/1921, 12/06/1921.