Oak Grove was the third school built in the old Macedonia Baptist Church community. The first school was Macedonia, built in 1845, and closing during the Civil War. The second was Oak Hill, built following the Civil War and operated up until 1887. With a growing population of youth in the community, a new and much larger school was built and renamed Oak Grove. This name was derived from a growing population of Methodists which had recently established the Oak Grove Methodist Church nearby. This new school was located about five hundred yards west of the old Oak Hill School. Oak Grove was consolidated with Taylorsville and later sold for $25 at public sale on December 5, 1939.
Photos Courtesy of Bartow History Museum