March 7, 2017, 6:30 – Bartow Iron and Furnace Company at Lake Point Station. The lecture will review the former Bartow Iron Works and Tennessee, Iron, Coal and Railroad Company operations once located at this site. The program will be presented by Stan Bearden, David Archer, Billy Popham and Joe Head. The event will be held at Lake Point Station and also showcases how Lake Point has worked with EVHS to integrate Bartow history in entertainment venues. The program will include an update of the Lake Point Sports development by Founder, Neal Freeman and Lake Point Station Manager, Richard Walters.
Field Trips announced (Members only)
Register on line or call the EVHS Office. 770 606 8862
1. Encore – Ladds Mountain Hike /Lecture
– March 4 Saturday, 9:30 arrival, hike at 10:00, Members may bring a guest for $5.00 each. Register Here: http://evhsonline.org/events/hikeladdsmountain
2. Spring Bank and Cement picnic and hike/Lecture
– April 23 or April 30, TBD (Sunday 2:00)
3. Sugar Hill Mining Ruins Hike/Lecture (Final 2017 Hike)
– October 28, Saturday, 9:00
Departing from the Gold Dome Court House parking lot
May 7, 2017, 2:00 – Bartow History Scholar Middle School Quiz Bowl to be held at Sam Jones Church Celebration Hall. Reception following.
October (Date TBD) Annual Membership Meeting Dinner
December (Date TBD) Annual Christmas Dinner
Check back for coming program announcements.