Opened in September 1889 as one of two public schools for the city of Cartersville. West Side operated out of the Same Jones Female College building with L. B. Robeson as principal, and Misses Alice Hodnett, Mamie Ware, and Leila Hall as assistants.

Euharlee Male and Female School – 1867 trustees were T. W. Brandon, Thos. Tumlin, Eli Barrett, and A. G. Johnston.