The Sam Jones Tabernacle
Founded as the Cartersville Union Tabernacle by the Reverend Sam P. Jones and a board of trustees in 1887. The structure was located on the corner of Lee Street and West Main Street where the current library and civic center stand today. It existed for a half century until the late 1930’s and was the site of legendary camp revivals attracting 5000 to 20,000 people per day. Two or three services were held daily for a span of 7 to 10 days typically held in September. The facility also served to host all day singings, special speaking events and became the city high school graduation venue between 1890 and 1897.
For more information see the articles on Sam Jones Tabernacle and Female College located on this web site, Roselawn or Sam Jones Memorial United Methodist Church.