The Puryear School was located in southeast Bartow County along Tanyard Creek. In a deed dated December 26, 1935, two acres were donated to the Bartow County Board of Education by Mrs. Minnie Lang, Mrs. Alice Ross, and Clarence Dewberry for construction of a new school. Puryear was still in operation in October 1940. It was located on Land Lot 1212, 21st District/2nd Section.
Source: Bartow County Board of Education, Minutes of 10/01/1940.