In 1830, the land which is now the Pleasant Valley Baptist Church Cemetery was homesteaded by John and Winnie Reagan. They saw the need for a church in the community and had a log cabin church built on the family land. This building was also used as a schoolhouse. Pleasant Valley Baptist Church was established in 1865 and held services in this building until 1890, when they received land across the road and constructed a frame church there. The church cemetery is located across the road from the current building, on the site of the first church building. A new church was later constructed in 1951 and it received major upgrades in the early seventies. This church was destroyed by a tornado on March 27, 1994. It was soon after rebuilt and is still alive today. Pleasant Valley Baptist Church hosts Sunday school at 10 am and worship service at 11 am every Sunday. The church is located at 174 Mostellers Mill Road NW, Adairsville, GA 30103, which can be viewed on the map of Bartow Baptist Churches: https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2.You can also find information about the church online at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pleasant-Valley-Baptist-Church-of-Adairsville/113102668712295.
Messer, Brenda Edwards. “Pleasant Valley Baptist Church.” Bartow County Georgia Heritage Book. Vol. 1. Cartersville: Bartow County Genealogical Society, 1995. 44-45.
“Pleasant Valley Baptist Church.” Bartow County Georgia Heritage Book. Vol. 2. Cartersville: Bartow County Genealogical Society, 1998. 49..
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.