Connesena Baptist Church was established in 1841. The deed of land for the church was received in 1838, but the church was not formally organized until 1841. The first meetings were held in a brush arbor on the church land before the log meeting house was constructed. Later, a frame structure was built and then eventually, the present structure was built on the same site that includes Sunday school rooms, a fellowship hall, and a baptistery. Despite being one of the founding churches of the Middle Cherokee Baptist Association, the church left the association five years after joining 1853. Since then, it has been a part of the Oostanaula Association, Floyd County Association, and the Bartow Baptist Association. Church records between 1853 and 1918 were lost in a house fire. The church currently holds Sunday school at 10 am, worship at 11 am, and evening worship at 7 pm every Sunday. It is located at 71 Connesena Road, Adairsville, GA 30103, which can be viewed on this Bartow Baptist Churches map: https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2. The church cemetery is located across the road from the church. The church website can be found at https://connesenabaptist.org/.
“A Brief History of Connesena Baptist Church.” Connesena Baptist Church. 2015. Accessed August 15, 2018. https://connesenabaptist.org/about.
“Connesena Baptist Church.” Bartow County Georgia Heritage Book. Vol. 1. Cartersville: Bartow County Genealogical Society, 1995. 35-36.
“Worship Place and Times.” Connesena Baptist Church. 2015. Accessed August 15, 2018. https://connesenabaptist.org/.
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.