Brandon’s Chapel Baptist Church was established in 1997. There was a Methodist church of the same name that was established in 1836, but it closed its doors in the 1980’s due to a lack of attendance. In 1988, the Joe Brandon family purchased the last church building Brandon’s Chapel Methodist Church had occupied before closing. It is estimated that this building was built around 1900. It continued to sit empty after it was purchased until Brandon’s Chapel Baptist Church was established there in February 1997. It was founded to be a Southern Baptist Church and is a part of the Bartow Baptist Association. In 2010, the congregation was able to purchase the church from the Brandon family. There is no church cemetery associated with Brandon’s Chapel. The church is located at 136 Old Stilesboro Road SW, Cartersville, GA 30120, which can be viewed on this map of Bartow Baptist Churches: https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2. They are also available online at https://www.facebook.com/BrandonsChapel/?rf=192406834126238.
“Brandon Chapel Baptist Church.” The Heritage of Euharlee, Stilesboro, and Taylorsville, Georgia. Acworth: Euharlee Historical Committee, 2010. 23.