Bethel Crossroads Baptist Church was established in 1900 by residents of the Crossroads School community. They met for services in a brush arbor until they secured property near the Crossroads School House in 1902 and constructed a building there. The original building still stands; however, extensive changes were made 1960s, including interior renovations and the addition of Sunday school rooms. The sanctuary eventually became a fellowship hall when a new sanctuary was built in 1993. An annex was also added in the 1980’s to house Children’s church, additional Sunday school rooms, and restrooms.
The official name of the church has always been Bethel Baptist Church. For many years, however, it was referred to as Crossroads Baptist Church for many years because of its location at the intersection of two roads and its proximity to the school. Because of this, printed references began referring to the church at Bethel “Crossroads” Baptist Church in the 1970’s. Bethel does have a church cemetery, located directly across the road from the church. Additionally, the church has been affiliated with Pleasant Valley Baptist Association, Middle Cherokee Baptist Association, and the Bartow Baptist Association. The current schedule of services is Sunday school 10 am, Worship at 11 am, and evening service at 6:30 pm every Sunday. The church is located at 450 Iron Hill Road, Taylorsville, GA 30178, which can be viewed on this Bartow County Baptist Churches map at https://goo.gl/maps/9uTux1G4ZvQ2. Also, check out Bethel Crossroads Baptist Church online at www.facebook.com/pages/Bethel-Crossroads-Baptist-Church/117311218288493.
“Bethel Crossroads Baptist Church.” Bartow County Georgia Heritage Book. Vol. 2. Cartersville: Bartow County Genealogical Society, 1998. 38-39.
Written and researched by Amy Young, Kennesaw State University Intern, Fall 2018.”