Bartow Classical and Scientific Institute
This school operated first as the Bartow Institute in 1881 as a school for males and females with L.C. Dickey as principal, and in 1884 was called the Bartow Classical and Scientific Institute, with Col. Henry D. Capers as principal. Board could be obtained through the principal. An advertisement from August 5, 1884 assures readers that all modern equipment will be supplied for the necessary courses such as, book keeping, civil engineering, minerology, and mining. Located on N. Main St. in the “Old Franklin Home” in Adairsville. Advertisement by Henry D. Capers for an “Institution for Boys & Young Men” in February 1884. CARTERSVILLE AMERICAN 6/23/1885.