Cartersville Female High School
This school operated in 1868 with Rev. O.L. Smith, D.D. and Rev. F.P. Brown, A.M. as principals. There were courses in music taught by Mrs. C. Gouldsmith and courses in French taught by Mrs. S. O. Meritt. There was an option to take a long term or a short term with charges for: First class, Second class, Third class, Music and use of Instrument, French, a Contingent Fee, Tuition, Board, Lodging, Facilities, and Lights. THE CARTERSVILLE EXPRESS 1/4/1868.