Wofford’s Academy

In 1873, former Confederate General William T. Wofford and Cassville resident, donated land for a school at the crossroads just east of Cass Station. The year 1875 saw completion of Wofford’s Academy through generous donations from friends and the community.

Built on land donated by Gen. William T. Wofford in 1873. The year 1875 saw completion of Wofford Academy through generous donations from friends and the community.Wofford Academy advertised that board could be found with the principal or with good families near the Academy. The Academy burned in 1905, so Cass Model School was built to replace it. DAILY TRIBUNE NEWS 7/21/1977.

 

 

Leave a Reply