The Rebecca School was built on land belonging to Mrs. M. R. Hannon. She gladly donated the land during the early 1900’s with a provision it would refer back to her or her heirs when it ceased to serve school purposes. Rebecca fronted the east side of Cassville Road (GA highway 293) just south of its intersection with Grassdale Road. Bartow county Board of Education minutes of September 7, 1915 show this school in operation. The school consolidated with Cassville and closed at the end of the 1930 school year. During November 1930, the school lot reverted back to the heirs of Mrs. M. R. Hannon and the building was sold to Lucius Hannon for $50 by the Board.
Source: Bartow County Board of Education, Minutes of 08/06/1930, 11/04/1930. Photos Courtesy of Bartow History Museum