Poplar Springs Methodist Church
Considered to be among Bartow’s oldest Methodist churches, Poplar Springs was established about 1838. It is located at 7812 on highway 140 near Adairsville, Georgia in north Bartow County and has a church cemetery. In 1981 a mentally ill woman broke in the church and set fire to the property damaging over 75% of the building. The membership held fund raisers and rebuilt the church. It’s membership never reached over 100. As a result of commercial expansion and loss of members the church closed in June 2017.