MACEDONIA (EAST BARTOW)
The Macedonia Church community located along Stamp Creek in eastern Bartow County included the Macedonia School. It is unknown when the school was built however additional research may reveal that answer. A deed presented to the Bartow County Board of Education dated September 10, 1912 for 1.87 acres lists Mrs. Linda Abernathy as the donor. The land on which the school was built was eventually sold for $45 to the U. S. Government in July, 1948 due to the construction of the Allatoona Reservoir. The school building itself had been sold to R. D. Moss for $125 earlier in January, 1948. Macedonia School was located on Land Lot 420, 21st District/2nd Section.
Source: Bartow County Board of Education, Minutes of 09/10/1912, 01/06/1948, 07/06/1948.