The Liberty Hill School was built in 1889 based on a deed conveyed by Harrison L. Loveless to the Trustees of Liberty Hill. Those serving as Trustees at that time were W. M. Dodd, W. D. Calhoun, Thomas Brooke, William H. Law, and C. H. Smith. A fee of $10 was paid for the land and the deed stipulated the site must be used as either a school or church. This deed lists the site as the SW corner of Land Lot 221, 4th District/3rd Section. This school came under the jurisdiction of the Bartow County Board of Education on November 30, 1900 as evidenced by a deed transferring the school property from the Trustees to the Board. According to an article in the Daily Tribune News dated September 24, 2001, the old building was torn down and another was built, still standing in 1994. This old Liberty Hill School may have indeed been torn down. Board minutes of August 5, 1921 show that nearby Liberty Baptist Church had offered to deed one acre of ground and their church to the Board for school purposes. Minutes of December 6, 1921 show the church was converted to a two room school. Further research is needed to determine the former site of the Liberty Baptist Church.
Source: Bartow History Center, Bartow County Board of Education, Minutes of 08/05/1921, 12/06/1921.