Cassville Colored School/ Nobel Hill
Beginning in the 1880’s the Cassville black community built a one room school house called the Cassville Colored School. This school lasted until 192l. Noble Hill replaced the old Cassville School and was built by Webster Wheeler in 1923. Noble Hill was built in conjunction with Rosenwald and his 5,000 other black schools in the segregated South. This school received some benefits from the Public School fund, but it was less than the white schools. Noble Hill operated until 1955 when it consolidated into Summer Hill High School in Cartersville. Noble Hill is 1 of 5 out of 5,000 Rosenwald schools still standing.