Cartersville East End Institute
This became a public school located on Douglas St. in Cartersville operating in 1883. Between the years 1883-1884 the East Cartersville Institute was overseen by Profs. Dan G. Lee and Peter Zellers. Other notable teachers were Miss Ida Lee and Mrs. S. J. Ware. Notable principals of East Cartersville Institute were Prof. Matthew Marshall in 1883, Joseph H. Wilson in 1885-86, and H. C. Carney, A.B. in 1886. CARTERSVILLE FREE PRESS 1883.