The one room Bethany school house built around 1900 served the educational needs of the Iron Hill community now located within Red Top Mountain State Park. This iron mining site dates back to 1844. By 1900, Iron Hill had become a thriving community with numerous houses and two churches, Bethany Baptist and Iron Hill Baptist. The school closed in the 1930’s due to county wide consolidation. Mining ceased in 1923. All that remains of the old school are rock foundation pillars. Bethany Baptist moved to nearby Emerson and Iron Hill Baptist moved towards Acworth. Neither of the original church buildings nor any housing remains. Information is not complete. More to come.