Eve’s was named for John P. Eve, 1800-1868, who established agricultural, industrial and business enterprises along the old Rome Road west of Kingston on both sides of the Floyd and Cass County line. Owning land already in Floyd County where he resided, Eve purchased adjoining property in Cass County (now Batow) in October 1847. John established Eve’s Mill at Tom’s Creek, Eve’s Ferry Crossing on the Etowah River, Eve’s Station along the Rome Railroad and Eve’s Syrup Press. His son, John C. Eve, 1827-1898, was apparently a partner in these enterprises. John C. Eve is listed as a director of the Rome Railroad in 1866, along with Alfred Shorter and John A. Johnson. Both men are buried in the Eve’s Place Cemetery located near the homesite in Floyd County just west of the Floyd/Bartow Line. Operations at Eves continued after the death of the son, John C. Eve, as evidenced in the community section of The Cartersville News, November 9, 1905, which stated “The rush of cotton picking is about over. Syrup making is now on. There are three mills running within a mile of us”.
Source: Old Cass County, (Now Bartow) Georgia Deeds compiled by Imogene Basham Belew and Jodeen Blazer Brown; All Road to Rome by Roger Aycock.