Corbin was an agricultural community named for John Corbin who came from North Carolina to Cass County (now Bartow) in 1849 and settled on Stamp Creek. It was once a thriving agricultural community with a school and post office which operated from 1887 to 1902. John Corbin would later move to Texas leaving behind a son, John Corbin Jr. who is buried in the Corbin Cemetery (aka Corbin-Kay Cemetery) established by his wife Laura. Only the old Corbin Cemetery remains today attesting to this once proud community located in the vicinity of GA Highway 20 where it intersects Bells Ferry Road and Wilderness Camp Road.
Source: History of Bartow County, Georgia, Formerly Cass by Lucy Josephine Cunyus; Corbin Homesteaders by Melissa Leachman Taylor